Perry Noble - founding and senior pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, Greenville and Florence, South Carolina- shares a list of roadblocks that keep us from achieving something significant for God. You can read more about and from Perry Noble by visiting his website www.perrynoble.com We all struggle with one or more of these issues at one time or another. The article was first posted here.
1. Procrastination! (Remember, procrastination is assassination on the amazing future God has for you – James 1:22!)
2. You are allowing your past to identify you rather than Christ to identify you! (See I Corinthians 6:9-11!) You are not who you were…you are who you are in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17), and if you don’t let your past die, then it won’t let you live.
4. You do not understand the fact that God’s Holy Spirit lives inside of you (Ephesians 1:13-14) and has gifted you and is calling you to do something greater than you could ever imagine (Ephesians 2:10, Ephesians 3:20)
6. You believe the lie from hell that says you are an accident when Scripture says that God custom designed you (Psalm 139:13-16) and that you were clearly created on purpose, with a purpose and for a purpose.
7. You are obsessed with things that have ZERO significance when it comes to eternity (I John 2:17).