A heartfelt journey of one young woman – read her entire story here - http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/05/26/today-was-supposed-to-be-my-wedding-day/
Who could have guessed that simply checking a box on a church form would eventually end in heartbreak, financial loss, and unwanted singleness? Difficult and sad as it was, God was there every step of the way. He was there in the simple way it ended, despite our lives being intertwined in nearly every way. He was there in the support and love our family and friends provided. He was there to give me a sense of peace that transcended all understanding. Left to myself, previous breakups had knocked me down to my lowest points in life. But this time, with more riding on the relationship than ever before, I was truly okay. I suppose obedience to God made the difference. As much as it hurts, God is always there to pick up the pieces.
- How do I know she’s the one?
- Topics for Conversation When a Man and a Woman Are Considering Marriage
- The Makings of a Christian Marriage
- How Does God’s Glory Shine in Christian Marriage ?
- Marriage – Pursuing conformity to Christ in the Covenant
- Single in Christ: A Name Better Than Sons and Daughters
- How should singleness be different for Christians?
- Singleness – The Biblical Guidelines
- Loving Your Husband Before You Get Married (via) CBMW
- Biblical femininity for single women and How can I long to be married without obsessing for it?
- The story of Ian and Larissa
- Living by Vows by Robertson McQuilken (Classic Reading-Marriage)
- Sex: According to the Bible
- Redeeming Sex
- Some very good thoughts on marriage for June, the traditional month for weddings – for Singles and (especially) for Married Couples
- How the Gospel Can Transform a Marriage
- John Piper 2004 Conference (Marriage Resources)