Prayer is really more, designed to be more than just this thing where we ask God for things. We need to explore some of the depths of what prayer is instead of just settling for that.
Primary purpose for prayer is to:
- express the depth of our need for God
- explore the mystery of intimacy with Him
- experience the power of being used by Him
The power of prayer in and of itself is useless, but the power of people who connect with all mighty God is unstoppable!
Desire is the secret of Prayer:
- Make your wants God’s wants and
- then ask for whatever you want
That’s how prayer WORKS.
5 And he said to them, “Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, 6 for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; 7 and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? 8 I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs.
Videourile Vodpod nu mai sunt disponibile.
- The Cost of Following Jesus by David Platt, author of ‘Radical’
- David Platt – 2010 Global Ministries Conference, Multnomah University, Portland, Oregon
- Desire – Do We Want Him? by David Platt
- David Platt – What The Gospel Does To Our Hearts, Mark 10:17-31
- (‘Radical’ author) David Platt on Rob Bell and the church – “Intellectual universalism is dangerous” but “functional universalism is worse.”